At Emerald Leisure Source, we provide the highest quality spa chemicals for purifying your water and keeping the components of your spa in tip-top shape. We offer a variety of options for all of your water care needs. Please visit our convenient location for expert help in choosing the best option for you. Be sure to check our full inventory of spa chemicals. Serving the Grand Rapids area, we are your trusted source for your water-related leisure activities.
Types of Spa Chemicals We Offer
We currently carry a full range of spa chemicals, including:
- Spatique: This is a bromine/chlorine-based formula that eliminates common water contaminants, germs, and other pathogens.
- BaquaSpa: This chlorine/bromine-free, biguanide system utilizes an oxidizer, a scale and stain control sanitizer, and a waterline control formula for keeping the water and spa components clean.
- FROG System: This uses a pre-filled bromine and mineral cartridge that you can easily snap into your inline feeder or your floating holder and is compatible with any spa.
- Natural Chemistry: This chlorine/bromine based line uses naturally-based solutions whenever possible for common water problems.
- Nature2: This EPA-approved system utilizes a filter cartridge that removes harmful bacteria without the use of harsh chemicals.
Understanding Hot Tub Chemistry
Hot tub water can be difficult to keep clean and healthy. After all, your spa is not just a tiny pool. It is an intricate system designed specifically for health and relaxation. Normally ranging between 102 and 104 degrees, spa water is prone to bacteria growth which can cause cloudy water, as well as skin infections and rashes.
Water should be tested and treated regularly to prevent bacterial growth. Chemicals such as spa shock treatment and sanitizers are excellent at eliminating bacteria. Another major issue with hot tub water is pH level. If it is too high or too low, it can greatly affect water quality. Alkalinity chemicals, such as Spa Up can be used to raise pH, while Spa Down can be used to lower it.
How to Maintain Your Spa
Weekly and Start-up Maintenance Information:
We are confident that our hot tub chemicals provide the best results. At Emerald Leisure Source, we provide the most reputable and established brands when it comes to spa chemicals. Grand Rapids residents are encouraged to visit our store to check our full inventory. Please contact us for any questions you may have.